Thursday, August 21, 2008

If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?


Well, maybe I would, what do you think about that? My friends are starting these blogs, so what? I was thinking... why don't I have a blog? First of all, I don't think I'll keep it updated very well. That's the biggest reason. But, with baby Isabella set to arrive in 8 weeks, maybe I'll do a better job keeping my peeps updated on our lives.
For now, we're just doing the normal day to day stuff and trying to remember to get ready for baby. Technically, we have everyt
hing we NEED for her... but the nursery still isn't quite complete. And of course, there's the thought in my mind that we have to have "pink everything" and, well, we have "blue everything". Thanks to big brother Wilson! But I'm quite the bargain shopper at Target these days!

Here's a picture of Wilson "helping" daddy put up the crown moulding in the nursery.

As for Wilson... he's just as amazing as ever! He is finally getting a few more teeth. Technically, he now has 5 teeth (counting the one that just broke through on Tuesday). And he has a really cheesy grin that's just adorable! He's FULL of energy, and is learning so much every day. He is beginning to really understand things now. That usually a good thing. But, when you know he understands you but he just looks at you and smirks, then runs away... it's a frustrating thing. That's when I know he's just like Micheal! He definitely gives us LOTS to laugh about!

We've decided there's not a lot we can do to prepare Wilson for the little sister he's about to get. We talk about Isabella, and he knows where her room is, and he kisses my belly (and then hits it!). But, he pretty much thinks everything is for him... like her changing table, and swing, and carrier, etc. It doesn't matter to him that he doesn't fit in them anymore, he just has fun pretending! Our pediatrician said we could gt a baby doll to teach him how to be gentle to the baby. Micheal doesn't think our 15 month old boy needs a baby doll. So, I should probably go buy it anyway, huh? On a happy note, Wilson is the oldest child in his mother's day out class right now, and the teachers say he is really sweet to the babies and very gentle with them. Let's hope for the same attitude at home!

Now, back to this blogging thing... wish me luck!

2 comments:

COTTON MOMMA said...

Yeah, welcome to the blog world! Cute profile, I don't even know how to do all that yet. Love the pics of Wilson. He's so cute!

Stephanie said...

welcome to the blog world. I really do it for me to journal. I hate journaling, but doing a blog isn't so bad. If others want to read, have at it, but it's really for me and Dylan when he gets older.