Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day seems to be more about cookouts and ballgames and going to the lake... we get so excited about the extra day off and forget about why we celebrate Memorial Day in the first place. We must remember what it's about. I found this picture today that says it all...




We spent a nice Memorial Day together taking the kids on their first hike. We did a short hike (on the Natchez Trace Pkwy) that ended at a waterfall. The hike back up was a little harder. I had Isabella in the baby bjorn (an extra 20 lbs on my front) and Micheal had Wilson in the backpack (an extra 32 lbs on his back). Shew! At any rate, we were fortunate that the rain held off and we enjoyed the day outside. Oh, and we saw a snake peeking out of a hole in a tree. Ahhh, scary!

Wilson sporting his new RUN DMC t-shirt. Cool stuff, huh?

And it wouldn't be right if daddy didn't get his own RUN DMC shirt, too!

Daddy "packing" Wilson on his back. Micheal was messing with his new GPS in all these pictures. That's why he looks like he has no idea I'm snapping photos. Go figure! The GPS batteries died halfway through the hike.

Mommy & Isabella at the waterfall. Taking a little break!


We got all the way down to the waterfall and Wilson kept saying
"Get outta here, daddy! Let's go!"
Really? After ALL that effort? You want to GO?

Daddy of the YEAR!

And we ran into (well, not literally, we drove around him) a turtle in the middle of the road!

Good times!

After we returned home I knew Isabella felt pretty warm & I told Wilson "Mommy's going to take Isabella's temperature." To that he replied "Take my temperature, Mommy. I need medicine, Mommy." I told him that he was being silly & tickled him. Whoa... he really was hot! So, blah blah blah... I have 2 sick kids now. Boo. Two fevers. Tylenol isn't helping. Isabella is puking and won't drink anything. Ugh! Wilson did eat dinner, but as he was finishing up his hot dog I was just envisioning it being regurgitated in the middle of the night! Yuck!

Let's hope for the best.


1 comment:

The Mullen Fam said...

And the hot dog came back up!