Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prettiest baby I've seen all day!

We ventured out on Monday for our first family outing. Sadly, it was to take Grandma (or should we say "MeeMaw") to the airport to go back home to Florida. But, on the way we stopped at McAlister's to grab a bite for lunch. I'll have to say that both children were very good during our lunch date (if you forgive Wilson's tantrums here & there). Then we made a run to the airport :( We'll all miss having her around... but Wilson will especially miss her. They were BIG buddies this past week!
On the way back towards home we stopped to see Nana (Wilson & Isabella's great-grandmother). Nana LOVES being visited by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She always tells us our visit was the "highlight" of her day! Now that makes you feel good, doesn't it!
Well, Nana enjoyed our visit and the chance to hold her newest great-grandchild Isabella. And Nana told us that Isabella was "the prettiest baby I've seen ALL DAY!" Now, for those of you fortunate enough to have known Papa... that was surely a Papa comment! It was absolutely true... and didn't hurt anyone's feelings, cause she was the ONLY baby she had seen all day! I guess when you have SO many grandchildren, you have to learn how to use your words wisely. Papa would always tell me things like "you're my favorite one that has been by today" but never let on that maybe I was the ONLY one that had been there that day! Of course, that didn't stop me from telling my sisters that Papa told me I was his favorite! (Of course, I really was, he just wouldn't have wanted to hurt their feelings)


Nana and Isabella



Wilson's getting used to the idea of being a big brother. In fact, he's already bossing her around and chasing all the boys away from her! Just kidding! He has gotten much more interested in her over the past couple of days. He likes to kiss her and he really likes to push her in her swing. Unfortunately, he likes to swing high.



And last, but not least, Isabella got her first little bath at home. It was just a "bird bath" as we call it... but we scrubbed her clean & washed her hair. She was not too happy about all of this, but she seemed to like the finished product! And, it wore her out! After her bath she slept for 4 hours straight! That was nice for mommy & daddy... only had to get up twice during the night! What a good little baby...


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

She is the prettiest girl baby I've seen all day :) She is just adorable. I hope you are all doing well.